Here are the questions from Nurul Afifah and my answers to them:
1. Introduce yourself in five words.
Person who doesn't know anything.
2. If you never have to work and never have to worry about money anymore, what will you do?
If I don't have to worry about money anymore, I would still work, I think. Just a very different job, though. I would want to act in as many Netflix Original series' as I could. And during intervals when I don't want to do that, I would write and perform my own rap songs. And during intervals when I don't want to do those two things, I would write short stories and novels. And during other intervals, I would take up improv comedy classes at UCB Los Angeles and teach what I have learned to Malaysians.
3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I don't know how to quantify crazy, so I can't really be sure what of my answer here. And I don't know what qualifies as crazy, either. A lot of the things I do make sense to me. I reason things out with myself before taking decisions. Some might turn out to be bad decisions, but that's because I was, at the time, misinformed or under-informed about certain aspects of a thing. Also, because I allowed biases that I have to take over the decision-making process. I really want to answer your question though. So, what would I consider crazy? I think it was pretty crazy of me to rap on stage. Like, kurang siuman jugaklah for me to think my songs mattered enough to have other people listen to them live. So yeah.
4. Favourite movie of all time, and why so?
I keep going to Toy Story 3, because I can both cry and laugh within the same amount of time. I also love I Am Sam for the same reasons, but a lot more crying too.
5. Share with me your quirkiest nickname and how you got it.
I don't have any nicknames other than Abang, really. A fellow teacher once kept calling me Ibrahim, because of Anwar Ibrahim, but that's about it.
6. What is your greatest weakness?
My self. But oh what a boring answer that is. What about my self is the weakness? I don't know. I feel like I have bad thoughts from time to time, and those thoughts make me weak-willed. Super-low self-esteem stops me from doing things that matter to me. Ego makes me not show love and affection to my loved ones when they need it the most. My bad bad memory makes me forget important things. My desire for certain things stops me from living a fulfilling, guilt-free, meaningful life.
If the question was fruit-specific, the answer would probably be buah mata kucing.
7. What is your greatest strength?
My desire and ability to sleep lots and lots.
8. What is your best childhood memory?
One of the best that I can remember at the moment was a time when I was seven, we were in Dunedin, New Zealand at the time. I don't know how exactly, but my brother and I got our hands on one of those toy soldiers that had a plastic parachute tied to it on some string. I remember us going a few floors up of a nearby building and releasing it to the ground. I remember having a lot of fun. Our fun was cut short, however, when the wind blew the toy paratrooper into a nearby tree. We never reclaimed it from the tree, unfortunately.
9. If you can only keep five possessions, what would they be?
My phone, my laptop, both their chargers, and my wedding ring.
10. What is the biggest character turn-off for you?
The inability to admit when they are wrong, or even entertain the possibility that they might be.
11. If you could have any superpower (must be a skill, not something like time-travel or immortality), what power would it be and why?
I think it would be the ability to read a whole book just by touching it for one second. I think that would be pretty cool.
So those were the questions from Nurul Afifah. Thank you again for the questions. Here are some from me:
1. If you had a time-machine, and that time machine could travel both backwards and forwards in time, when would you travel to and why? What would you do there?
2. What's one thing you've spent too much money on but don't regret?
3. What's one thing you own that you should probably throw away but never will?
4. What's something you thought was true for a long time until you found out that you were wrong?
5. What is the best possible future discovery or invention?
6. What is the worst piece of advice you have ever received?
7. Do you think you are "weird"? Why or why not?
8. What was the last question you answered "I don't know" to? Did you ever try to find out the answer?
9. If you were forced to work a job that you're not passionate about for 20 years, but you get to choose what that job is, what would it be?
10. What has art (paintings, literature, movies, songs, etc.) taught you that nothing else has ever been able to?
11. Nak makan kat mana?