Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Take Me For Example No More

"I'm not saying it was your fault," Naive by The Kooks.

Of late, I have begun to realize that my URL (takemeforexample.blogspot.com) sounds a tad too pompous. And I can detect your smile when I say this because it DOES sound pretentious and snobbish. It sounds as if I'm saying "Hey all you lesser humans! Look at me! I'm perfect! I'm the best example for you so you should take me for example! (Insert obnoxious laugh here)".

To clear the air, I'm not THAT arrogant, really. Although I do sometimes think of myself as a self-content human being who is grateful for everything he has, I also realize all my weaknesses and short-comings. Allow me to explain why I chose that phrase for my URL.

"takemeforexample" doesn't hold the same meaning as in the example above. Quite the contrary, really. I chose that phrase because when I write, or tell stories, I always try (note "try" here) relate it to myself and use my own life experiences as my examples. But writing "mylifeexperiencesusedforexamples.blogspot.com" would be too long and inconvenient for not only my readers, but also myself. So that's why I chose what I did.

But I do realize that it's too easy to misunderstand my current URL. So that's why I've made the decision to change my blog's URL to

anakazman.blogspot.com

I choose this URL for obvious reasons, of course. If you don't know what I mean, then have a look at my profile. That should clear things up with you.

This new URL will be used in about a week from now, so you can say your goodbyes to the obnoxious-sounding takemeforexample. 'Till then, ciao!

6 comments:

mademoiselle tq said...

yea, i did have such thought the first time i read your URL.. hahaha~

maybe that's what attracts people to read your blog, coz they'll wonder what's in your blog that made you chose such URL.. isn't it?

anak pak man said...

tq,
hm, could be..
but I always thought that it was so stuck up that it turned into a turn-off for people to read it.
I never saw it that way..
You've given me something to ponder upon..
thanks tq..

mademoiselle tq said...

oh, your welcome.. :-)
well, i think those who really know you won't think that way (the negative one), unless they know you but they don't understand you..
erm.. this is just my viewpoint..
lalala~

anak pak man said...

TQ,
Well, thank you for giving your views on the matter.. Now I'm having second thoughts.. haha

mademoiselle tq said...

my pleasure.. there's nothing wrong in changing your URL..
but it's up to you.. :-)

anak pak man said...

tq,
yeah, that's the thing.. huhuhu