Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Work Therapy

"Wel I'm sure you could have made it that bit better o your own," The Only Ones Who Know by Arctic Monkeys.

And so, the new semester has come and I am now officially a TESL (TESOL now) undergraduate. And with this new title comes new major subjects. They are:

1. Linguistics
2. Philosophy (Education)
3. Human Development

And a minor subject. We have been given the choice of either Science or Children's Literature. I naturally selected Literature, be it children's, coz eet rulez!! *insert gang hand-sign here*

And this new semester has also brought about me being EXTREMELY busy for the first 3 days (feels like 5) since I'm the Cohort Leader now, I have had to rush here and there in order to book classes for our mass lectures and group the Cohort to brief them about this and that. Good thing we now have subject leaders to help out so that I don't lose even more weight (lecturers say that I have lost weight over the holidays. I'm surprised, since all I did was eat and sleep.)

Plus, with the IPGM's Battle of The Bands coming around, I'm sure it'll make my life here a living marathon, both mentally and physically.

But I don't mind.

To tell you the truth, I actually like it.

When I'm busy running around campus and attending meetings, I am distracted from my problems. For those busy moments, I think about getting this and that settled, seeing that lecturer, asking this person, getting that thing from that place, thinking how to solve a problem that arises.

And that's it. I think about solutions more than I think about problems. And to me, it has a therapeutic quality about it. It's a tiring therapy, but therapy nonetheless.

When my body and mind are idle, I can only seem to think about problems (an idle brain is the devil's workshop, or something like that ay?). And most of those problems are ones that I can't handle or solve. At least, not on my own. It's like the Rubik cube that I can't twist each side into the same colour. I dwell on the cube for hours and end up nowhere nearer to solving it then I was when I started, so I just give up. I know it's a pessimistic way of looking at the cube, but I don't leave the cube just like that. I just leave it until someone explains to me how they solve the friggin' cube (coz it's damn near impossible to me!)

Okay, I've started talking gibberish, so I better stop now before my nonsense gets too far.

So, what I'm trying to say, basically, is that I'm glad I'm back on campus. I hope this year will be better than the last. InsyaAllah.

Cheers!

4 comments:

cik penguin said...

awesomeawesome :D
i love lit, and hope lit loves me too :PP

*ohbytheway, thanks for wishing me luck ;)

troriq said...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=231435694469

click situ. video poyo

Neynie Azhan said...

science is a big no no to me.
=p

anak pak man said...

cik penguin,
lit lovers unite! (apa kena mngena?) haha
no prob~

troriq,
dah tgk.. mmg alex gila.. haha

nini,
hehe, for me, science is still ok.. maths=unknown.. haha