Followers

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Micro Malaysia

So a couple of months ago I received a call from the people of FIXI (a local book publishing company) in which they asked me if I would be interested in editing a short story anthology for them. Given that this was a new experience to me and that I am a fan of books and stories in general, I took up the offer with very few questions asked.

The book shall be called MICRO-MALAYSIA and the details are in the following picture:


I'm excited to be taking on this task, and as of writing this, I am just starting to embark on the journey by going through the entries hoping to find some gems within the entries that have been sent in (there are more than 200 entries as of writing this post).

If you're reading this right now, I would encourage you to try it out. Please make my life more difficult by sending in as many entries as you can. Who knows? You might get to put "published author" on your resumé if all goes well. Although, as the editor, I make no promises. My focus right now is finding the best pieces to include in the book, and that's that. Hopefully I'll be able to find 100 pieces that stand out. I want this book to be good. Like, good good.

1 comment:

afifah said...

lulz, i kinda need to be a pharmacist so i'm not sure how "published authors" going to give any oomph or not but yeah, have mine checked up please (hopefully). Going to submit and check if i really can write. *grammar aside.