Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Book Launch

So last Saturday, I attended my first-ever book launch, and it happened to be the launching of my own book. I don’t know how to feel about that sentence.


Among the people that came to the event was a reporter from DailySeni.com, an awesome gossip-free news and information website dedicated to delivering content relevant to all Malaysian art consumers (I've already bookmarked the website for regular visits), and they wrote an awesome piece reporting how the book-launch went. You can go read it here: http://www.dailyseni.com/index.php/home/news/item/2878-takahara-suiko-and-anwar-hadi-flex-neurons-as-new-rabak-lit-authors


I cannot possibly do any better in reporting about what happened throughout the event, so if you want to know how it went, please click on the link above.

I will, however, comment on the reporter’s comment of me being “composed, suave and charming”. To be honest, that made me giggle and blush a little bit. But personally, I just felt low on energy during the event, because I had yet to have lunch when the event was going on, and my adrenaline was wearing out, so that may have made me look more laid-back. I felt awkward the whole time I was on the microphone, and singing along to Suiko Takahara’s songs with her was my favourite part of the talky part of the event.



Being able to meet and talk to the people that bought the book was definitely a high point in the day too, because I got to express my gratitude towards them in person, and I am always thankful to be given that opportunity. And I thank all of you who are reading this right now, too. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read what I have to write here on this here blog, and thank you for all the support you’ve given me thus far, regardless of which parts of my endeavours you choose to support. I am very grateful and may God bless.

No comments: