Followers

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sembang Kencang Dua Kawan

"So ada petikan daripada buku ni yang aku dok baca ni. Nah aku bagi hang baca:

You're so immature, Daniel," she mutters. She flips the visor down and pulls her lipstick from her purse, then begins to reapply it. "I'm beginning to wonder if you'll ever change."

Change?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Why would I change?" I ask, cocking my head out of curiosity.

She sighs and drops her lipstick back into her purse, smacks her lips together, then turns towards me. "So you're telling me you're happy with the way you act?"

"This is me," I say, gesturing towards myself. "If you don't like all of me, then we've got serious issues, Val. I'm not changing and honestly, it wouldn't be fair of me to ask you to change, either. I would never ask you to pretend to be something you're not, which is exactly what you're asking of me right now. I'm not changing and I'll never change."

Hang rasa, kan, ex aku rasa macam ni ka bila aku mintak dia berubah? Haha"

"Mungkin. Tapi realitinya, change is the inevitable product of growth. If you want to grow, you're going to have to change, in one way or another. A refusal to change — by saying things like "I'll never change!" — shows a refusal to grow."

"Kan? Siapa betul, siapa salah? Or perlu ka ada persoalan betul atau salah? Justifikasi ka yang menentukan? If so, apa standard justifikasi yang tepat? Or dalam hidup ni, kita memang akan hadapi situasi camni and you just live with it as long as you love that someone? If that is so, valid ka cinta yang macam tu? Wouldn't it be like you're just enduring each others' bullshit sebab takut single? Atau akan ada satu level where walaupun perangai macam apa lagi, tapi sebab sayang, i tak kisah? Kentut pun jadi wangi? Haha. But then, those kinds of relationships, depa akan bergaduh besar bila dah married over silly things, possibly leading to a lot of unhappiness. Tak gitu? I guess my question is, what is right and what is wrong?"

"Bagi aku, there is no real right and wrong. Or at least, it's not the same for everybody. Different people find different things wrong — and right. And for the same people pun, it's not the same for every context. Orang yang sama akan find the same thing both right and wrong, depending on the time, and the place they're in, or the situation in which the issue arises. I think, especially in a marriage, both parties need to have an understanding of where dia punya pasangan nak pi, apa yang depa nak buat dengan each others' lives, and to take on the responsibility of helping their pasangan achieve what they want to achieve in life – both this one and the next – to support each other in times of trouble, to encourage and help each other punya life. Kalau ada satu pihak yang tak mampu atau tak sanggup nak buat camtu, then it won't work. Ni pandangan peribadi aku ja, seorang yang belum berkahwin, so aku sembang kencang ja ni sebenaqnya. Haha."

"Tu biasa bro. Sembang kencang memang kerja kita. Haha. Hm. So, pada pandangan hang la, okay ka tak okay keputusan aku to break it off dengan dia? Betul ka salah? Aku maw jawapan honest as usual. Jangan menipu, tak baik."

"Takdaknya aku nak menipu!"

"Haha, mana taw, kot-kot walaupun dah 8 tahun kenai, hang dok buat rasa serba salah nak jujurlah padakuuu~ Peringat ajalah, suruh jujur."

"Okay ja. Aku rasa you made the right choice. He wasn't right for you. Or at the very least, not yet. Pandangan aku sebagai kawan: you deserve better."

"Thanks atas kejujuran hang. I find it weird when some people rasa tak selesa terima honest answers. How do they live, half knowing that people are lying straight to their faces?"

"Yeah, aku pun takmaw orang tipu aku. Especially kawan. Tu yang aku cuba sedaya upaya untuk tak tipu orang. Especially kawan."

"Okay, aku taktaw pasai pa, tapi aku rasa macam nak gelak. Hahaha!"

-_-"

No comments: