Followers

Monday, January 18, 2016

Vlog Script: How Did You Know Your Wife Was 'The One'?

So saya ada tanya kat Twitter kalau ada orang soalan nak tanya kat saya yang boleh saya jawab dalam video, and dapat lah beberapa soalan.

So saya try jawab lah salah satu daripadanya disini.

MrZainulFahmi asked: how did you know she (you wife) is ‘the one’?

We have this notion of ‘the one’ that we have to, have to, have to end up with that one single person in the whole wide world in order to even have a chance at happiness.

While this notion is romantic and all, I don’t think the concept is very helpful to us as fickle, tak bersyukur punya human beings.

I feel that we use this idea of “the one” to justify when things go wrong.

We can just go “oh, maybe she/he is not the one after all” and we give up on the relationship just because we made ourselves believe that there can only be one, and if it’s not the one, then it’s just doomed to fail forever.

I think we’re better than that. There’s such a thing as “not meant to be together”, sure, but I don’t like believing in the notion of “the one” because I think it’s lazy.

I think relationships work because we work hard at making them work.

And a relationship breaks down when one or both sides decide to not work towards making it work anymore.

And even when a relationship breaks down, it doesn’t mean we can’t try and fix it.

The key (bless up) is in the effort we put into it.

So I’ve said that I don’t believe in “the one”, but I do believe in “the one that I want to make it work with forever”.

And that one person that I have chosen to make it work with is my wife.

I want to make it work with her because I am most comfortable when I am around her.

I feel like I am most myself when I hang around her.

And I feel like she really helps me become the best version of me I can be.

Plus I think she’s super beautiful.

And a whole host of other positive qualities that I hold in high regard, such as being thoughtful, passionate, talented, smart, compassionate, et cetera.

I have the most interesting conversations with her, she offers me points of views that I’ve never come across.

And I feel like the decision to spend the rest of my life with her is as natural a decision as I have ever made and ever will make, probably.

And like I said earlier, I feel like she wants to make it work with me in the long run too, so I feel like we’re going to make a great team.

And we both readily admit that we’re not perfect, 

she has a few things she needs to work on and I have a whole lot of things that I need to work on for each others’ sake, 

and we’re both ready to accept each other with those imperfections.

So I guess that’s why I feel like she’s the one I want to make it work with for the rest of my life.

That’s all for this video, I guess.

If you have any other questions, you can always tweet me @inianwarhadi

My email is also a thing, iniuntukakusahaja atgmail dot com


And I’ll see uols next time, may peace be upon you!

1 comment:

Bintu_Sahudin said...

Well said bro! *thumb up